Monday, May 21, 2012

Day One or You CRAZY Girl!?!

I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!  

Blur boy in his awesome-possum t-shirt flat
Yes I am.

Just one week after gaining my independence from a year of callouses, poopy backsplash, and Hulk-esque biceps here I am again, by choice.  I've officially lost it.

Actually I do have a few good excuses to be here.  For one I've always been curious about how well different diapers wash up in the hand washer.  Despite hand washing for a year I've never tried flats and hubs won't let me bring anymore diapers into the house without a good excuse.

Secondly I want to prove a point: if you set your mind to it you can cloth diaper your baby.  Obstacles are only as big as you make them.

Lastly, as you may have guessed I am a masochist.

If you aren't taking part in the challenge, its never to late to start or you can check out all the other bloggers participating.  If you already are, check out my guide to hand washing if you need some pointers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment